Tuesday, November 30, 2004

If I were God...

If I were God, what change would I like to bring in this world?
One change I'd definitely like to make is - each baby born in this world should be given the same style of life and basic education. Then, based on one's individual talents and interests, he/she can pursue their higher studies or establish business of their own choice and dictate the rest of their life themselves from there on....

This change I'd like to see because I see alot of differences in this world.... some children yearn to study but don't have enough chance to do so, or rather than saying no chances, its better to say they don't have any other choice left than to work and earn their bread at a young age.
I used to think why there is such a lot of differences between each and everyones lifestyle.... Whenever I see a boy cleaning the tables in hotels, I used to think what wrong did he do that he is unable to lead a normal life, studying and playing with children of his age....

One incident which affected me alot and prompted me to write about this is- a boy, who's working for daily wages, looking longingly at another boy of the same age playing with his toys and his parents pampering him...
I'd never ever like to see such a scene even in movies... coz that is really unfair. If the boy was given enough chances to study and just a little bit of encouragement, he'd have gone to become the next Edison or the next Ramanujam, who knows.... But, even after that, if he doesn't fare well, then he lacks talent and we have no complains on that coz we gave him enough chances.I feel each individual should be given a chance atleast in terms of the basic education... then its left to him/her to take their life to higher level based on the talents they have.

But I know, God has got his own reasons for creating us like that. So, instead of just grumbling like this, I thought what can I do as an individual to change this situation. Let me see what I can do for this and I'm gonna do something for this cause... its not that I discuss about this and leave it as such... then, there is no reason for me to talk about this...
Anyone out there reading this..... please take time to think about this and do your best for this cause... Thank you...

1 comment:

  1. babie i will miss you....and i am missing you already..... :((

    wanna talk to you soon...jeez ...am i going all longing soo soon :P

    muah to my croakie ..

    hmmm......

    ReplyDelete