Thursday, November 18, 2004

My first article....

Ahm.... let me introduce myself......
I'm Prasad Raghunandhanan, young and dynamic fellow(am I praising myself alot!!!) working as a software engineer in a reputed MNC in Bangalore, India.....
I'm from the beautiful state of Kerala, popularly called as "God's Own Country"

I luv music alot..... this is one thing that keeps me going on and on and on....
The next thing I like is sports... and that too cricket.. I know the Indian team is going through a very rough patch now...... yet, I can't stop myself from watching cricket...
Great were those days when I used to play cricket with my friends in whatever little space we used to get. But, now all those vacant spaces are replaced by new buildings....

Today I created this new blog for me so that I can post my views of certain things that happen in the world. Being from a very conservative family in India, I've grown up with some cultural values and follow certain traditions.... But, once I passed out of college and started working, I am now largely influenced by the Westernized cultures (asusual, this is one thing that the youth of India are really falling for... and I'm sure I'm not the latest victim :-))
I keep thinking many a times..... am I loosing my traditional values and culture???
This is a question that ponders my mind many a times...... But, I slowly found out that however modern I try to be, I'll still have the traits of Indian-ness somewhere deep in my heart....
Anyway, I think there are lots of issues like this which I'd like to think and write more, about what I feel regarding these issues........

Ok then, let me stop for now......
Will think about some issue to write on for the next article.... this is just a starter :))

~Smile~
Prasad

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Nice to have you here, I look forward to reading your posts! I have found that Indian bloggers tend to be very intelligently written and often quite insightful and progressive.

    I am from a fully 'Westernised' culture, but even here a lot of the older people worry that the younger generations are losing traditional values. You and I are probably not that different at all, I think!

    ReplyDelete