Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year and start of a new life...

Atlast 2005 is here.... If I look back and see what I've done in the year 2004, I guess things weren't going my way.... Probably, I could have done better.... and thats what I am looking forward to, this year. So, the resolution is nothing but doing certain things that I feel I could have done better. I do have lots of things in my mind.... Let me see how I go about doing them....

I didn't do much for this New year celebrations.... Some of my friends had come to Bangalore, so we had a quite New Year celebration. One of my buddy had gone to the coastal villages in Tamilnadu to do the relief work in the Tsunami hit areas... He described the work that was going on there. The description from a person who had really been to the site of disaster would obviously be gruesome. But, due to the huge amount of relief works that were going on there, people were slowly returning back to their normal life. Yet, no one can return back their old innocent smiles which were also washed away with their loved ones in the giant tsunami waves...

I too wanted to contribute in some way or the other in these relief works... I had contributed an affordable part of my salary to our IBM Club, which was doing the relief work on behalf of our company. But, I wasn't just satisfied by doing that.. We were collecting clothes, blankets, sweaters, utensils, medicines and many such things in our company. They required some volunteers to sort out these things and pack them off neatly to transport it to the Indian Red Cross. They had sent out a mail regarding this and I thought if I couldn't go to the area and do some service, why not atleast go and help our guys in sorting out all the things we've got from our employees. It would require just a couple of hours everyday for a week or two.
So, I went there to help our guys... I felt happy in doing the work, even if it was a very simple job...

I saw lots of people were willing for this. And, when I saw the amount of things that we receive from people everyday, I felt that even if we say the world & we people are turning towards evil day-by-day, there are a whole lot of people who are still lending out their helping hands for all the noble causes possible in this world. I see the strength of a whole NATION or rather the whole WORLD, joining hands doing all possible relief works. This is our strength, which I can see when such calamities occur.. (I remember the Kargil war relief works & the Gujarat earthquake works too)

Hats off to all those people who have contributed, even if its a small one...
Lets pray that this New Year brings new life to all those affected people...

No comments:

Post a Comment