Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Snaps of my native..

Here I come with some of the snaps of the God's own country...
I had been to my native Thiruvilwamala last weekend...

click to know more abt my native...

I had mentioned earlier in my blog abt my parents and me moving to our native after our new house has been constructed. The construction of the house is almost over, jus some finishing touches going on. I went there last weekend to check out the proceedings and am really excited to move back to our native.

The time has come to pack our bags (not jus bags, but everythign :D) from Erode and move to T'mala.... We r gonna shift by next month end and we r gonna celebrate our first Onam in our new house this September...
Its going to be a busy month ahead for me.. but, who cares.. am already excited abt this.. :)) I'll get to go there every month from B'lore when I go to see my parents.. wowww...... :D

Ok, here are some of the snaps of our new home, its surroundings and the temple in our native...
Click here to see all the fotos....

Front View of our new home...
Front View of our new home...
Full view of the home...
Full view of the home
Front view from our terrace...
Front view from our terrace
The Kochu(small) Parakkotu Kavu(Temple) is very near our home.. This is a view take from our terrace...
Kochu Parakkotu Kavu
Parakkotu kavu - Bagavathi (Durga maata) temple in our native...
Parakkotu kavu
Parakkotu Kavu after Chuttu Vilakku (with lamps)
Parakkotu Kavu after Chuttu Vilakku
This shot was taken from my uncle's house which is near the temple..
The greenery around the temple...
In Kerala, most of the temples have a pool by its side.. This one is near the Parakkotu kavu temple...
Front view of the temple pool

14 comments:

  1. വളരെ നല്ല ചിത്രങള്‍, പ്രസാദ്. എന്നെ പഴയത് ഓര്‍മ്മിപ്പിക്കുന്നു! -സു-

    ReplyDelete
  2. നാട്ടിലെ പച്ചപ്പ്‌ കണ്ടപ്പം സന്തോഷം തോന്നുന്നു

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)..........enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool house man..
    Congrats for new house

    ReplyDelete
  5. sunil, thanks for dropping by my blog... glad u liked the pics.. :)

    kalesh, hmm, yenikkum valara santhoshamai... the greenery is soo refreshing na.. thts why our place is called Gods own country...
    btb, Welcome to my blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mandar, sorry wasn't able to come..

    divya, thanks.. i did have a great weekend in Ponday... wait for my next post to know more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Prasad, Great pictures. I really like the front view of your house because it reminds of me of a kottaram entrance.I was not able to view the photos on your community photos website. The pictures did not load up. I will try again in a different browser. Can hardly wait for your next blog on Kerala.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw all the photos in Firefox. I understand from other comments that this is a new house. May this new house be the beginning of a great home filled with love,joy and prosperity.Seeing the local temple and its adjacent pool really brought back great memories.Keep blogging.Hopefully you can keep on bringing more beautiful insights into daily life in God's Own Country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tipu, glad u liked it.. yes, its a new house.. we r moving thr by this month end.. and am looking forward to tht... :)
    hmm, would surely post more on God's own country...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pics man...Lucky to be a native of God's own land....Hope i will mk it soooon....

    And also a good blog too......

    ReplyDelete
  11. please collect/upload some old photos of bharathapuzha which will help u/friends to know really what happened to the river over the years... a disaster for us........

    ReplyDelete