Friday, January 13, 2006

If you're not the one...

If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?
If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?
If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call
If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all

I never know what the future brings
But I know you are here with me now
We'll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?

I don't know why you're so far away
But I know that this much is true
We'll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with
And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray in you're the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

'Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today
'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right
And though I can't be with you tonight
And know my heart is by your side

I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?


This is one of my fav romantic songs in English. I donno how many of you have listened to this song. Its sung by Daniel Bedingfield.
The lyrics.. aren't they beautiful? and the way he has sung this one is also very different.. do listen to this one.... if u want, i can send the song thro' mail too.. :)

Apart from this one, some others like "I don't want to close my eyes" by Aerosmith and "Nothings gotta change my love for you" by Glenn Medeiros are my other favourite romantic number..
Which romantic songs do u like? do share with me.. so that I can check those too.. :)
Currently listening to some haunting Kishore Kumar numbers... I can't imagine a life without music... :)

21 comments:

  1. Currently am listening too- A song by STEPS ( Love you more ) thats another romantic song. All their songs are good, usually with a similar beat..
    I like slow and melodious songs..some I wud like to suggest (mostly oldies):

    Barry Manilow ( MAndy )
    Lionel Richie (My love, Truly,Hello,Ballerina Girl,Do it to Me..all his songs are cool )
    Stevie wonder,Abba,Bee Gees,Enrique( hero)etc etc...all I can think now:)
    I find country songs very romantic..u cud check out Faith Hill recent album-Fireflies ( heard it ,its cool)

    I like the 2 u mentioned..my fav's too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lyrics are just wonderful :) but havent heard it...chalo you have it na..send it to me..

    i am listening Zindaa hoon-strings :) lovely song...

    me too cant imagine life without music :|

    take care

    Happy Pongal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey found its video here

    http://www.gofish.com/cnvVideoPlayer.html?gfid=16-809

    check it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. sahi hai Prasad..waise i don't listen to english music. :) Kishore Kumar wins every single time for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the songs u've mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice lyrics.. touching.. but maams whom r u dedicating this song for? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought you have acted upon what you were saying yesterday...LOL

    These are certainly beautiful lyrics.

    I love all the romantic numbers by Bee Gees, "Words" being my favourite.

    I am downloading some Kishore Da numbers too. Currently, I am listening to Shamur.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowow awesome song
    I just dwlded it
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you!!!
    and thanks to Neetie for telling me bout the song!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey i just used a few lines of "if u are not the one" to write on a card for my bf... i absolutely agree that this song is wonderful n simply awsome..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @prasad :- maams , Beautiful lyrics , never heard this song ..... I always felt that we will end up liking those songs which we can correlate with .... so ur missing her isn't it ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaya, hey...so, u r also into those slow pop n rock numbers.. i usually listen to tht kind of songs...
    I like Lionel Richie's Hello very much.. and I do listen to Bee gees, they r better than beetles atleast for me :)
    and Abba is also very gud...
    Yeah.. contry music is very gud... I like Shania Twain songs alottt.... she is too gud in tht genre..
    btb, i did check some songs suggested by u like Mandy, Fireflies... Mandy is very gud.. Fireflies.. some songs in this album r nice..
    thanks for the list.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neetie, hmm.. sure Neetie.. will send it to u.. :)
    yeah... tht strings number is very gud in zinda..

    greattt... u've got the video link. thts so nice of u.. :)
    i was looking like where i could get tht video.. thanks alot.. will update it in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poonam, hmm.. mujhe pata hai.. :) hmm.. Kishore Kumar is great for all the ppl loving Indian music.. isn't it :)

    Mehak, thts nice to hear from u.. :)

    Chandu, yeah.. touching isn't it?? :)
    am dedicating this song to all those ppl who r truly, madly, deeply in love :D
    too clichy.. isn't it.. hahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ricky, ohhh.. hahaa..
    hmm.. very beautiful words..
    bee gees, they r also too gud..
    oh.. gud.. saw tht in ur blog abt Shamur.. :)

    Crossblade, hmm... u r welcome crossblade.. and thanks to neetie too for pointing me to tht video..

    ReplyDelete
  15. doll, oh.. so u've used it in ur card too.. thts great :)
    yeah.. this is an awesome romantic number.. i jus luv listening to it anytime...

    @nkur, completely agree with u.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. PV, yeah... i'll send u this song... do listen to it..
    yeah.. am missing her really... am missing soo much tht she is only coming in my dreams.. not in real life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful lyrics ...u could just attach the line above ...my perfect lover if u are tagged for that by one of us .....

    well nothing gona change my love for u is one of ma favorites too ...

    well i like put ur sweet lips by jim reeves
    bye bye love ....
    roses are red my love violets are blue ...tht's one by reeves too ...
    i'm on the top of the world by carpenters ,,....sweet ..

    maybe sad songs some are but the feelings the voice and the words together make it execellent ....

    enthokeyunde visheshangal ....
    varatte
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey ash, yeah.. tht would have been a nice idea.. infact am tagged by a couple of blog friends.. but its late now :(

    hmm... i'll check the songs u've mentioned...
    i'd love to hear melodious songs and also some slow rocks.. so, doesn't matter if its sad.. :)

    pinne prathegichu viseshangal onnum illya.... pani kore indu.. athondu athra blogging cheiyan pattunilla :(
    anyway.. take care.. bye. :)

    ReplyDelete