Saturday, April 25, 2009

My predictions for IPL 2

Indian Premier League second season is going on currently in South Africa. I believe Modi has done a great job in shifting it to South Africa, even though many of us do feel that it would have been better if it was conducted in India.

So, whos gonna win the IPL 2???? Wanna make some guesses n predictions???

Here are some of my predictions for the IPL 2 T20 cricket....

Seeing the first few matches that got over, my prediction for the semifinal spots are:

Prediction for IPL 2 Semifinals:
1. Delhi Daredevils - With Sehwag and Gambhir in their ranks plus great set of foreign players like deVillers, Vettori, McGrath, Collingwood, Warner.. what else do u need??
2. Mumbai Indians - The sheer presence of Sachin Tendulkar definitely makes this team one of the favourites...
3. Deccan Chargers - I've always loved watching Gilchrist bat.. he is one of my all time fav... and this time the Deccan chargers have their batteries fully charged...
4. Chennai Super Kings - Dhoni & Hayden their main trumpcards...

Prediction for IPL 2 Finals:
1. Delhi Daredevils
2. Deccan Chargers/Mumbai Indians

IPL 2 Winner Prediction:

DELHI DAREDEVILS - Somehow, this time I feel they've got what it needs to be a champion team. I'll re-evaluate all these once more mid-way thro' the IPL 2 season... lets see how it changes...

Having said these, I'm supporting for the following teams in that order:

1. Chennai Super Kings
2. Bangalore Royal Challengers (I know their chances seem to be quite slim but still am living in Bangalore.. part of the local support here)
3. Deccan Chargers (this one for Gilchrist)
4. Mumbai Indians (this one for Sachin)

Rajasthan Royals is another team I like alot just for the fact that Shane Warne is too gud with his leadership qualities and also he is encouraging lot of local talent. But still this time without Shane Watson and Sohail Tanvir, they've lost a bit of edge. Lets see how they fare this year.
Kolkata Knight Riders - I wouldn't support for them jus for the sheer fact that what they are doing with Ganguly is not gud. I don't think McCullum is a better captain than Ganguly. Shah Rukh might be the King of Bollywood.. but he is certainly not making gud decisions with the team. He did a very gud job of using Ganguly for all his advertisements n promotions and then atlast chucked him out of the captaincy in the eleventh hour. I didn't like that.

Whats your opinion? Which team has got the edge to win the IPL 2 in South Africa this year???

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back maams ... Good to c ur blog getting some key strokes :)

    I second u on ur predictions, just that the order will have Deccan Chargers right on the top .....

    All the way for Deccan Chargers ... Go Gilli Go ....

    Keep Blogging .
    PV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you blogging. My full support for Chennai Super Kings. I am waiting for the decaan chargers vs chennai super kings match :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 2 support Chennai super kings first and then Deccan chargers (now that they are faring well :P). Go dhoni go. Bangalore team, I had no hopes. last year they were TEST TEAM, this year they matured to ODI team and it will be next year that they mature to t20 team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanduuuuuuuuu....... its too much ... U need to support Deccan Chargers and not Chennai Super Kings ...

    Rain or shine,
    victory or loss
    we will stand by Deccan Chargers.

    PS:- Sorry maams for spamming ur blog

    -- PV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chandu... We shall support Chennai super kings. I am waiting for the next DC vs CSK match :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok ok.. after serious considerations, evaluations, speculations, "internal surveys", external performances and persuasions, i am swapping my priorities, DC-1, CSK-2...Go Chargers go! PV I am wid U. I am sure prasad won't mind spamming his comments box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No.. this is not fair Chandu.... :(
    Ur first support was and will always be for Chennai Super Kings.. u can't change ur support jus like that.. esply since the Chennai Super Kings are not doing well..
    I do support for Deccan Chargers too but only after Chennai...

    PV, Deccan chargers are doing well.. I love to see Gilchrist batting.. he is one of my all time fav...

    Aarti, the Chennai Super Kings would require something extra now to reach semifinals... hope Dhoni comes to party.. we r missing his support badly.. hope he comes back to form.. lets see.... and yeah the next Chennai vs Deccan will be surely Chennai's game :) I fully support u in this..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not fair at all Chandu, how can you shift ur support like this. I will continue to support CSK. If they don't get into the semi's I will then give all my support to Deccan Chargers.

    Prasad, me too waiting for Dhoni to get in form. He is pretty much doing only the captain's role these days, not scoring any runs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far, your predictions are spot on!!

    Though not much interested in IPL, but for the sake of supporting one, I'll go with DareDevils just coz they've word 'Delhi' in its name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any predictions for 2010 IPL. I have a strong feeling it will be Mumbai Indias this time.

    ReplyDelete