Saturday, September 26, 2009

Festivals galore....

Its been a couple of months till my last post.... work at office has been keeping me quite busy n haven't had a chance to come back n update about my CSC Ghana experiences as I had mentioned in my previous post.... I'll definitely come back with those updates on another day...

Today, my wifey took me to my first Durga Puja Pandal... I have never been to one before n she wanted me to have the experience.... So, we went to a nearby Bengali Association's pandal, witnessed the pushpanjali and also had Bhog (food provided as offerings of God). It was a nice experience for me being a South Indian...

The first week of this month, we also celebrated Onam at home... we went to an Aiyappa temple nearby and also made some special Kerala dishes.... I did some experimentation with Payasam and it turned out nice but was more like a halwa than a payasam ;) But, overall it was a gud thing that we managed to do.... We couldn't make any Pookalam this time but next year we'll try that too...

Being a North-South couple, we have different cultures, traditions n also different festivals... so, my wifey n myself took a decision this year that we'll try to celebrate both our festivals as much as possible to continue our traditions...
So, we've got plenty of festivals to celebrate :D

Happy Dussehra to all you folks... and here is a picture of the Durga mata in the Pandal that we went today....

2 comments:

  1. oh i missed the payasam prasad! I am looking fwd for the payasam prepared by aunty, when will you let us taste it!I usually go to Pandals during this time to try sooper bengali food, my fav being Chicken rolls!hmm missed them all this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always fascinated with North Indian Dussera celebrations with dance and all... Haven't been to one actually....

    ReplyDelete